Cosmetic dentistry can give you the flawless, aesthetically appealing smile of your dreams, while restorative dentistry can return form, function, and health to teeth that have been damaged. The surest way to maintain a healthy, radiant smile, however, is to visit the dentist at least twice a year for a thorough oral exam and professional cleaning, as recommended by the American Dental Association. By doing so, you can help to ensure that any oral health problems that do emerge are caught in their earliest possible stages, when they are easiest to treat.
At Lomita-Torrance Dental Office, Torrance, CA, Dr. Teboul is proud to offer a comprehensive range of dental services, from smile makeovers to dental implant surgery. WhileLomita-Torrance Dental Office, Torrance is renowned for its restorative and cosmetic dentistry procedures, it also offers exceptional general dentistry, including dental exams and cleanings. At our Torrance, CA dental practice, patients will benefit from thorough consultations, exams, and cleanings that focus on preserving and maintaining their oral health.
If you have not had a dental exam or professional cleaning within the past six months, then we strongly encourage you to contact our dental office to schedule an appointment today with Dr. Teboul.
Is It Time for You to Have a Dental Exam?
Like many Americans, you may believe that your teeth and gums are perfectly healthy because they appear to be fine and you are experiencing no oral pain. What you may not realize is that many common dental problems, including gum disease, which is the number one cause of tooth loss among adults, do not produce clear symptoms in their earliest stages. This is precisely why you should undergo a dental exam at least twice a year.
Is it time for you to have a dental exam? If you cannot answer “within the last six months” to all of the following questions, then the answer is “yes.” If you answer any of the following questions with “I don’t remember” or “never,” then it is urgent that you schedule your dental exam at our office as soon as possible.
- When did you last have a thorough examination of your mouth, including x-rays?
- When was the last time you had your gums screened for periodontal disease?
- When did you last have your teeth and gums cleaned professionally?
- When was the last time you had your mouth checked for abnormal growths that might indicate oral cancer?
- What Will Your Dental Exam and Professional Cleaning Include?
After you meet with Dr. Teboul, you will undergo a complete dental exam. This will include:
- An evaluation of your mouth, including your teeth, gums, tongue, roof of your mouth, inside of your cheeks, throat, and other oral tissues.
- X-rays of your mouth.
- Screening for abnormal tissues.
- Periodontal screening.
- An evaluation of your head, neck, jaw, temporomandibular joints (TMJs), and occlusion (bite).
- Discussion of any dental problems that are found and proposal of treatments.
Your professional cleaning will involve the removal of plaque and bacteria that you cannot reach with your toothbrush and floss at home, as well as the removal of tartar, which can only be removed by dental professionals.