Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At Lomita-Torrance Dental Office , we believe that our patients should be educated and informed about their dental health. Before we perform any procedure, we will always discuss your options and give you the information you need to make a decision that is right for you. We’ve found that patients who feel empowered to take charge of their health ultimately make excellent choices and live healthier lives.
We encourage you to take a look at some of these common questions we are asked about dental health, the services we offer, and our practice. If your question isn’t answered here or you would like more information, feel free to give us a call or contact us using our convenient online form.
- How often should I brush my teeth?
- Am I flossing my teeth correctly?
- How many professional cleanings do I need every year?
- I'm unhappy with my yellow teeth. What can I do?
- Are dental veneers right for me?
- Will my insurance pay for my cosmetic procedure?
- Should I get dental implants or dentures?
- Will people be able to tell that I have a crown?
- What can I expect following a wisdom tooth extraction?
- Don't dentures and partials look fake?
- I don't smoke. Do I really need an oral cancer screening?
- Does your office see children?
- My daughter fell and broke her tooth. What should I do?
- I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible toothache. What can I do?
- How can I prevent gum disease and periodontal disease?
- My gums are bleeding. Should I be concerned?
- Is my root canal going to hurt?
- My tooth isn't hurting. Why are you saying I need a root canal?
- Should I be concerned about the mercury in my metal fillings?
- Will anyone be able to tell that I have a cavity?